Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ice Cream + Burgers = Success


I dont need to tell you that today was a hot one. The past few weeks we've had some great running weather but today, came the heat. While I was running I saw a perfectly good ice cream still in the wrapper just melting away on the side walk. I am not going to lie, part of me really wanted to eat it (gross I know, but I love ice cream) part of me was pissed ( who would waste a perfectly good ice cream?) and part of me started thinking about how much faster I would run if I was behind an ice cream truck. As I ran, I visualized myself behind an ice cream truck and how glorious it would be to actually catch up to it and get some sweet treats. I know its mildly delusional but while your running in 90 degree heat you have to have some sort of inspiration, mine happens to be fatty dairy products.  When I turned the street corner, sweat was dripping down my face and there was a little league game that distracted me long enough to forget about the imaginary ice cream truck. Luckily, there were a few people grilling near by so I was able to breathe in deep enough to get a good BBQ high to keep me going for the rest of my run. Needless to say, tonight Hans and I made burgers. I guess you could say it was the run that inspired me. 

Getting ready to grill after a toasty run.

No comments:

Post a Comment