Saturday, May 21, 2011

Midnight Madness



Recently, a friend of mine posted a link on Facebook about a race she wanted to do this summer. The race is apart of the 20 in 24 series. There are several races during the entire weekend of July 15th including distance runs for 24 straight hours and relays for teams to participate in. This particular race involves running 8.4 miles at midnight along Boathouse row and beyond in Philadelphia. All race participants are required to wear some sort of reflective gear, glow in the dark body paint or glow sticks. The loop is said to be well lit and there will be people patrolling the loop all night for any distance runners participating in the 24 hour run.This year the Midnight Madness race will allow 525 participants. I signed up and encouraged all my friends to do it too. I tried to guilt Becky and Amanda into signing up stating that it would be for my birthday, since the race is July 16th, just a few days after my actual birthday. I am fairly certain they will cave. Like a true champ Becky will be doing the mud run in Philly the next morning. Pro? I think so! Races that have a fun spin are always a good time. I cant wait to add midnight runner to my running repertoire. Check out the website below for more info.


Midnight Madness Race in Philadelphia 


Midnight Madness

No comments:

Post a Comment