Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day Iron Pigs 5K


First of all, I would love to give a shout out to my wonderful mother Kathleen Smith. Without you, I would not be where I am today or have the legs to do all this running :) I love you. This morning, my mother graciously allowed me to run in a race even though its Mother's Day. Hans and I ran the Iron Pigs 5k in Allentown. This was my first race with hills, but I remembered all the information I had read about tackling hills and  kept my pace as best I could. The people around me probably thought I was a lunatic, I think at one point I was talking to myself spouting off encouraging words. All in all, it was a great morning and a fun course.  Hans was waiting at the finish line for me cheering me on and afterward informed me that I had beat my December 5k race time by 8 minutes! Not too shabby. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! 

1 comment: