Friday, May 13, 2011

26.2 Miles of Blisters and Bliss



Since my knee has been bothering me, I cant run until I go back to the Dr. Monday. ( cant come soon enough) Yesterday, my new book came and I couldnt be more excited. If you cant run, reading about it is a close second. Instead of going stir crazy I thought I could learn more about my new love while icing the old knee. After researching Dean Karnazes, I became inspired and wanted to know more about this incredible runner. I learned that he wrote a book called Run! and I immediately bought it off of Amazon. Unlike the other marathon and running books I have in my library, this book isn't based on tips or training schedules, but a montage of Dean's personal running stories. He shares his love of running, and all of his benchmarks and personal triumphs. He recalls people he has encountered while running and those who helped him get where he is today. He also recalls his more interesting running stints, where he ran at night, ran naked and ran for days without a wink of sleep. If you are looking for a book to make you feel like you aren't the only runner who needs motivation after 3 miles, or that you aren't the only one with blisters and runners knee in the tri state area, this book is for you. A great read for anyone who knows what its like to run free and feel strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment