Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday, Muddy Sunday



Hans placed 3rd for his age group!

After the 5 miler

This does absolutely no justice to the amount of mud we ran through.


This morning I woke up crabby and in no mood to run 5 miles with obstacles along the way. But, I got ready and ate some waffles before heading over to Windlestrae Park. The race started off with all runners together for the first 2 miles. At mile 2 you got to decide if you wanted to run the 5k or the 5 miler. Hans and I previously decided to run on the 5 mile path. As soon as we got into the woods I felt my feet sinking into mud. I naturally started screaming and trying to shelter my white sneakers. That lasted for all of 2 seconds. Mud was splashing everywhere I was fighting to move and then it happened. I lost my shoe. It literally got stuck in the mud and I kept running. I went back for it and the photographer who was camped out near the mud pit thought it was hilarious. He snapped a bunch of pictures of the screaming girl trying to get her shoe out of a mud pit, back on her foot all the while balancing on her one good leg. After the mud things got better. Hans and I went through the other obstacles with no problem and made it to the finish. We were able to finish in under an hour which was great all things considered. With mud ridden shoes and wet socks we made it. I made Hans stay for the awards, since I always aim to win a door prize :) He was shocked when they called his name, he won 3rd place in his age group. He totally could have one 1st place, but he stayed with me to keep me company (and make sure I didn't cheat). Next time, he's going for 1st!  I will post the professional photos as soon as they are up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment