Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Running Mash Up

"Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win." - Nike I love this quote because its true and makes you want to get up off that thing and run till you feel better. 


Todays blog is entitled Running Mash Up because I have so much to say and so many shout outs to give! Allow me to elaborate...


After work, I really wasnt in any mood to run or even be awake for that matter. While I was laying around, watching Action News ( Shout Out #1 Matt O' Donnell I Love you!) I reminded myself that there would be NO excuses. Today I was slated to run 4 miles and I was going to have to do it, rain or shine. Luckily, it started to rain which delayed my run. My friend Jackie recently decided that she too wanted to run ( Shout out #2 Go Jackie) and signed up for the midnight madness 8 miler. She called me and asked what I do when it rains, I said wait for it to stop, but I didnt have the heart to tell her that if it didnt, then come hell or high water ( no pun intended) her ass would be running through it. Thats just the way runners do it. If you want to run, you have to follow the code. Luckily, it stopped, which brings me to my run. I went out in hopes of a glorious 4 miler. About 2 miles in, I was looking around wondering where all my runners were? I usually pass people and if theres one thing I know for sure, its that after the rain stops people are out there running. Just as I thought this, I passed the most glorious man ( Shout out #3 You were looking good fella). He was running up hill, while I was going down, I was moving quite swiftly, might I add(This is laughable, because again, it was DOWN hill) haha. I digress. We waved, and that my friend, gave me motivation to move faster and go a little wider on my normal route. While running I also passed a rainbow (awesome) and had 3 creepy old men beep and or shout at me. ( I told you it was a mashup of random events and shout outs) I couldn't have done this run without the help of my friend Lauren ( shout out #4 thanks for the music influence) who turned me on to Girl Talk, quite possibly the best mash ups of hip hop music and 80's magic of all time. Great to run to and shake a tail feather to in the right setting. Amanda, my cousin ( shout out #5 You beast you) who got up at 5 am this morning to run. She reminded me that she had already done her run, so I had no excuse not to. Becky. ( shout out #6 me lady) who bought me an amazing shirt today and hot shorts to run in on Sunday for the Gary Papa race. Yipppeee! and Lastly, my friend Luisa ( shout out #7 you go girllll) who signed up for her first 1/2 marathon race and recently started her own running blog. Please look under helpful websites to the right on my page to visit her blog. Whew! That was a lot. Thanks everyone! See you on the streets! 



1 comment:

  1. The artist formerly known as Mrs. GibsonJune 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM

    Katie turned me on to Girl Talk. So glad it's motivating you to run off all the calories we're going to eat and drink on 6/24... Bad Teacher here we come!! <3 you!!

    ReplyDelete