Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dig Deep

Summer has hit me hard and my motivation to run, is lacking to say the least. Somewhere along the line negative thoughts started creeping in to my mind telling me that I wasnt good enough, fast enough or able to make distances in my training. Although I am not quite sure why it happened, I do know it needs to stop. Earlier in the week, I went out ran a mile and then stopped because my calves were hurting and ended up walking home! Thats not me! What the heck happened?? Tomorrow I am slated to run 7 miles. I am going to do it. Even if I need to walk, which I am not going to do. I am going for 7. Non stop 7 miles even if I look like a turtle doing it. Motivation comes in waves from all different sources. Unfortunatly there are days that cant be explained and runs that are less than glamourous or noteworthy. Lately, its been rather un noteworthy. My uncle emailed me tonight, and it felt great that he was awknowledging my running. Sometimes, being reminded that others are supporting me helps me to believe in myself. I hope he doesnt mind if I share his email with you. 


Uncle Phil writes...



Keep running you are doing great.  My sister Denise e mails me your postings.  You will face all kinds of “over-use injuries” during your training.  I can tell you that running a marathon is a HUGE mental challenge more than a physical challenge.  I believe you will find the same to be true once you complete your marathon.  We are very proud of what you are doing and accomplishing---keep going.  I saved your site to my favorites.  
We love ya
UP

Tonight, this was motivation for me to give em hell tomorrow and make my goal of 7 miles. Thanks for the motivation Uncle Phil. xo. See you in the streets. 

Ps. 3 weeks till the midnight 8 miler... eek~! 

4 comments:

  1. I need to get back on my grind too..we'll get it going together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's right...it is all mental. We will give deep and keep working. I'll carry you, if you promise to carry me. we have this.

    ReplyDelete