Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gary Papa Run For Your Life Excitement :)

I wasn't going to blog today, but I am so excited for tomorrow that I thought I should. Tomorrow morning, my family and I will be honoring my Dad at the Gary Papa Run for Your Life 5k in Philadelphia. Two years ago, Gary Papa passed away from prostate cancer. Since then the event is held yearly to raise money to help find a cure for prostate cancer. Last year, there were over 2,000 participants and they raised a quarter of a million dollars. All of the action news familiar faces will be there including my personal favorite, Matt O Donnell and Cecily Tynan. There are tons of vendors, music and games for all runners and walkers. If you get a chance tomorrow, stop by the art museum and check it out! The most exciting part of the race tomorrow for us will be carrying on our racing tradition as a way to remember,and honor our dad, Mark Smith, who passed away 7 years ago. Its safe to say that the Smith's are ready to go for tomorrow! I will be sure to post pictures and highlights from the race. Until then, have a great weekend and Happy Fathers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment