Monday, April 25, 2011

Rookie Mistake: Dont Underestimate The Weather


Today I had off from work so I thought it would be a great time to go for a run outside with my cousin. Since I slept till 10am we didn't hit the pavement till around 12. Things started off great and then the heat of the sun hit me. Ugh, I am definitely not used to running outside for long distances or running in the elements. I know this sounds crazy, but 80 degrees is warm, especially when you are running outside. I made it about 2.3 miles before I had to stop and walk. I think I am going to need to start running early in the morning or late afternoon once it gets warm. I am now dreading the summer months of training. July is coming soon, and I need to be ready. I will be back out there again tomorrow, hopefully for more than 2.3 miles :) 
** Update** This afternoon Hans and I went to Peace Valley Park. He ran and I rode my bike. We did 3 miles. 


See a recap of my run with Amanda below.


3 comments:

  1. You can do it, lady!!! I know you have it in you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I've been out of the loop for a few days, I'm back as a hard-core follower now! The heat, just like the cold will be an adjustment, but you'll get the hang of it!! And I'm soooo glad you mentioned the water belt, because I was JUST going to say it was necessary today!! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. I need to get my fanny pack water belt on.

    ReplyDelete