Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Moving at a glacial pace


I know myself fairly well after 27 years. So I know that I need to psych myself up to complete undesirable tasks. Since the weather is rainy today, I felt especially inclined to sleep all day in my bed and eat cookie dough ice cream. I would rather do anything than run. All day, I told myself I was going to run tonight and it would be the best 4 miles ( and fastest) of my life. After lunch, motivation was still high and I was actually starting to believe what I was telling myself. Then, I actually got to the gym. After about 2 miles I started to fade. Thats when I turned on the Gaga and ran as fast as I could for as long as I could before I was officially ready to tap out. I knew my legs couldn't carry me much further and I was disappointed I didn't reach my goal. ( 4miles) I need to realize that there will be days when this happens. I cant beat myself up over missing a few miles here and there. All I can do is try again tomorrow and hope that I will settle into a good pace and meet my distance run head on. I have to really start turning on my inner runner and going the distance ( no pun intended) to make this 26.2 mile marathon a reality.






2 comments:

  1. I know that you will do it because 1) you are super determined and 2) you are a badass! Maybe you didn't get to 4 today, but there will come a day when you plan to do 4 and end up feeling great and running 5 or 6! I can't wait to see your post when THAT happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the motivation me lady! Love you.

    ReplyDelete