Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pounding Pavement


After my craptastic run yesterday I was determined to go out today and kill it. I was super apprehensive about running in the heat again, but I made myself believe it would be fine. I was also nervous because today was the first day I ran outside alone. Now don't get me wrong, I am not afraid to be alone, but running on the street is another level of running. In my opinion, its harder then the treadmill not to mention there are people driving and most likely watching you while you sweat. To my surprise I started out strong and felt great. Even in the heat all a girl needs is a little breeze! While running, I passed other girls who were doing the same. We exchanged smiles and kept on. Further along, I passed a few cute guys and even a biker who also gave me the "were on the road working hard" wave and smile. I was so surprised to see all these friendly people out running. It felt good to be in good company while running the streets. The highlight of the run would have to be the beeping coming from the younger neighborhood boys. They could have been rude, but they weren't. They waved, I waved and it was motivation to run a little faster. Today was the beginning of a beautiful relationship with running. WINNING.

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyyy!!!! I'm so glad it went well today!! I'm so proud of you...and inspired by you! I knew you'd push through today, and it made me grind out my miles today too! :)

    ReplyDelete