Friday, April 22, 2011

Beast in training



Strength training is an important aspect of becoming an efficient runner. Recently, I decided that I would be strength training  between 3-4 times a week in addition to my running regimen. So, this morning I found myself at my gym, surrounded by about 25 sweaty men. ( Hey, I am not complaining) I went to the weight lifting area and got right into my workout. Normally, I would be apprehensive to do this since I am not an expert on weight training. When I do make a rare appearance I get frustrated because I don't know how to use most of the machines, and on top of that I always feel like I am in the way of some macho man who needs to work his triceps. None the less, I was there and I was determined to get through my workout. For once, I felt like it didn't matter that I was a girl or that I had no clue how to use the super squat thingy. I was there, the boys were there and we were both sweating and grunting on an equitable basis. This morning I was there because I deserved to be. For all the running and working out I've been doing, I think I've earned a place with the guys. Make no mistake, I will be back. So if you happen to see a brunette at the gym staring at you, don't be alarmed. It's just Jackie, trying to steal your workout moves and turn herself into a beast just like the boys :) 

3 comments:

  1. Don't get too beasty!! haha. If you need any iron pumping tips, you know where to find me....I am one of those sweaty guys, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring Jackie!! Love you!! This is going to be such an amazing journey for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i doubt any of them even noticed you were there : )

    ReplyDelete