Saturday, April 16, 2011

26.2 miles?

The idea of running a marathon is one of pure insanity. Only recently did I decide that I would be down for the challenge of running 26.2 miles. In the past I had toyed with the idea, but was too lazy to make it happen. This past winter I decided that I wanted to be a runner. In an effort to make this happen I made my boyfriend do a race with me. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal but in true Smith fashion i picked a race in the middle of Winter that also happened to be at night. ( cleverly named the frost bite 5k) I ended up running in the rain, freezing for all 3.2 miles, finishing the race with snot all over my gloves and a frozen ass. Since I was able to run without dying I thought why not keep going. Since that cold winter night I have done several 5k races and also a 5 mile race with my cousin. (haven't died yet) So, why not a marathon? The past couple of weeks I have spent my days recruiting several brave soldiers including my cousin and good friends to run a marathon with me. We decided that we would run the Disney Marathon this January. Insane? Most likely. Do able? Absolutely. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Awesome way to chronicle your journey. I'll be right there with you along the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It will be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete