Saturday, January 5, 2013

Whole30




A wise man once said, were going to party like it's 3012 tonight, but Justin Bieber was a little premature. The holidays are finally over, and now we are moving well into 2013 (and 30). I decided that each year I make the same resolutions and then about half way through spring don't care or get bored with them. I decided instead of making a resolution this year, I would instead take the time to torture myself and do the Whole30 challenge. Apparently, this is similar to the Paleo diet, which has been around since the early 2000's. But, everybody knows that LA and NYC get all the coolest new fad diets first and alas, its finally made it way to the suburbs of Pennsylvania. Whole30 is a no carb, no sugar, no processed food, no legumes, no dairy food frenzy. In order to prepare for this, I convinced my mother I was poor, made her take me to Macy's and begged her to buy me a food processor. If you dont have one, you are missing out. My Cuisinart is a beast. It took me about 2 minutes to realize I could make sherbet in that thing - What can I say, being a dessert fiend is a gift. Its also good for prepping veggies etc. Aside, from the planning that is required in whole30 I am finding it to be interesting so far. I can proudly say that I already had my first avocado, and I actually made a spaghetti squash and its  day 4 of my whole30 challenge. I will keep you posted on my progress. Below are some of my latest culinary masterpieces.




Mango Raspberry blueberry Sherbet
My Zucchini "spaghetti" with raspberry meatballs


3 comments: