Saturday, January 19, 2013

Freezin for a reason



Today in Easton, hundreds of people participated in the Polar Plunge. The event was to raise money for the Special Olympics. A bunch of fellow teachers and I dubbed ourselves the "Ice Queens" and raised $940.00 for the charity. While it was indeed freezing, it was time well spent. I am glad to have participated in the event, and hope to again next year. Here are a slew of pictures from the day. 






Arriving at the bridge.
A warm sunny 31 degree morning!

 

The girls with Daryl Dawkins former 76er
Costume Contest


Passing the time with my awesome dance moves.





                                              

The girls getting ready to plunge!
Val and I while in the water, captured by Jenny's water camera! Notice me screaming


Post plunge

Girls post plunge



We got our Beast on in East on :)





No comments:

Post a Comment