Wednesday, January 16, 2013

PLU 4761 and the mystery of the falling boots.

Hello day 15! This would be the half way point of my Whole30 had I not had my run in with the soy/butter devil last weekend. However, were still moving forward. This week, I had the pleasure of having olives, which I haven't had in forever, and I realized I like. I also discovered a new little gem. I give to you the exotic, CHAYOTE! Not to be confused with this coyote. 



chayote | ch äˈyōtē|nouna green pear-shaped tropical fruit that resembles cucumber in flavor.the tropical American vine that yields this fruit, also producing an edible yam like tuberous root. • 

Here she is in all her glory. 
Interesting indeed.
Moving on from food.... and on to life.... 
Do you ever find yourself picking up shoes and boots that fall in the closet? This week I swear I picked up about 90 pairs of boots. So, I got to thinking ( very Carrie Bradshaw of me) is the universe trying to send me a message or do I just have too many pairs of boots? Turns out, my Uggs fell this morning, and I was too lazy to put them back, so I wore them. Inside said boots were two magazines that scattered across the floor. ( I stuff magazines in my boots to keep them up straight. Who likes a slouchy boot closet? not me). The kicker is the magazines were none other than Runners World. The past two installments in fact, as well as a real housewives of Atlanta Us weekly exclusive. I am thinking, maybe this is the universe telling me that I need to start running again. Either that, or this week I should try some Georgia peaches, or maybe try to get on Real Housewives. Either way, today brought warm boots, a new vegetable and and some Real Housewives mixed messages. xo 
Donate or Participate!
* This weekend is the Polar Bear Plunge in Easton,Pa. If you want to join in or donate money, all proceeds go to the Special Olympics. If you are interested sign up with team " Ice Queens". See my page for more info!  
Polar Plunge! Donate today!




1 comment:

  1. Totally thought the same thing! Tastes like one too. Just kidding! Its actually pretty good.

    ReplyDelete