Sunday, January 6, 2013

Browsing is for the birds

While delving into the Whole 30 I bought the book It Starts with Food which describes the eating plan in great detail. If you are  thinking about doing this, you need this book. 



I have to admit, and my friend Becky will attest to this, I never read things thoroughly. I skim, I browse, get the general points, and move on. When it comes to work emails, I just delete them. Its a bad habit, but leads me to my newest development. I didn't read the book carefully enough. There are some simple restrictions that I overlooked that I need to change in order to make this work. Here's what I have been doing right.

* Adding good fats to each meal, such as olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, olives etc.
* Eliminating added sugars, processed foods, dairy, grains and legumes.
* Eating fruits, meats and veggies at every meal.

Here's where I went wrong...
* I have been eating between the 3 meals. The book clearly states that there should be no snacking, and once you are doing it right, you wont need to.
* I have been eating clementines like they are going out of style. Apparently, fruits should be limited but are OK immediately following meals.
* I made my homemade secret ingredient compliant sherbet and ate it at night. Twice. Apparently, smoothies and versions of compliant treats and desserts aren't a good idea.

Day 6 is a new day, I guess my clementine and sherbet overload is on its way out. Otherwise, I am doing well and still alive. I spent most of my day prepping and planning my meals. See Below.

Breakfast: 2 eggs over spaghetti squash, peppers, mushrooms and onions. Whole30 approved apple bacon, and apple sausage. 




 Lunch was left overs from last nights dinner. Then I prepped some meals for the week. 
Sesame Beef Peppers and onions with mashed cauliflower 

                                                                  
Baked Veggies with Italian Seasonings


Butternut Squash with Apple Chicken Sausage
( this weeks breakfast)



Dinner for tonight, was apple and mustard seasoned pork chops and veggies 



Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment