Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Things I Know For Sure

Oprah always has a segment in her magazine that talks about things she knows for sure. Today, I would like to recap my run giving you things I know for sure.


 I know for sure that 6 am is early and running at 6 am in the Summer is not for the weak. I also know for sure that I ran over a dead racoon on Koeffel road this morning. Let me reassure you the smell was enough to almost knock my sneakers of my feet and the body parts and teeth were enough to wake me up.  I know for sure that around mile 4 I almost got hit by a car. I also know that there are 3 houses on School Road that have swimming pools. There might be 4, but the fence on that house was too high to climb and I didnt have the time. I know that I spotted a horribly ugly purple elephant lawn ornament right at the exact time that my favorite punjabi song came on. I know for sure now that white noise is that voice inside you telling you that you are tired, you cant make it, you want to walk. I also know that you can squash that voice when you hear it and keep going. Lastly, I know for sure that I ran 7 miles this morning and that earlier in the week I was afraid that I couldn't. I RAN 7 MILES. It feels good.  I know I will be able to run 26.2, FOR SURE. 



2 comments:

  1. I know for sure 7 miles is far! I also know for sure that you will run 26.2! Awesome job! Keep going.(that was a ! too, but didn't want to look like I was yelling)

    ReplyDelete