Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Luisa, Jackie and Jackie before the pickle.
Happy 4th of July to everyone! I hope everybody is enjoying their weekend. On Saturday Luisa, Jackie and I participated in the Pickle in the Villa Race in Media. It was a great trail run and the hills were killer. Lately, I've been in a bit of a running funk and even at times have been walking while running because I am just too tired to keep going. On Saturday, I finished the race last. Thats right, dead last. I wasnt upset about finishing last, although it is a fear of mine. Well I guess, it was a fear. I had fun while I was running and thats all I really care about. It was my fault my head wasnt in it and I let myself get lazy. I even told the girls, if Hans was there he wouldnt have let that happen. Sometimes I need someone telling me to move it to stay in the game. Running as it would seem is a bit of a mental exercise. Anyway, time is a ticking and the marathon training is on the horizon. I got a pep talk from my cousin and I am ready to move forward. On a happier note, Jackie and Luisa did great and I think they are both excited to do another race. Let me tell you, if you can run that 5 mile trail a 5k on a fast flat course is a breeze! Enjoy the weekend. Look for me on the streets with my water bottle fanny pack this week :) 


** I almost forgot! I have to tell you about the totally sick prizes at the race! JU won a huge jar of pickles for being the most confused pickler! Luisa won a Bon Jovi cassette tape! Luckily, I scored a $15.00 gift certificate to Road ID. Look for luisa's next blog. Word on the street is she took video feed while running! Cant wait to see it **


Pickle Queen

Lord of the Pickle handing out prizes that he found at a garage sale. Hence the Bon Jovi Cassette!

1 comment:

  1. don't let coming in last place get you down. keep running girlfriend...you're doing a great job and i love reading your blog :) YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete