Thursday, July 21, 2011

Heatwave Oi

Today I am slated to run 5 miles. I didn't quite get there this morning. Allow me to explain... I went out and its no shock that even at 6:30 it was a scorcher! I ran for a while then stopped because my calves were bothering me and I had to stretch them. I walked and tried to remember that in time if I kept going they would loosen up. I was back running, feeling better sweating like a wildebeest. I stopped to walk and give my pores which were doing double time in the sweat department a break. The humidity was killer. Just then, while plotting which mailbox I would start running again at, a girl passed me. She wasn't jogging, oh no she was running. FAST. She wasn't sweating like me, she didn't even look to be in any discomfort. I was pissed. Of course, I looked better then her. My hot pink compression socks and matching tank top were no match for her over sized old t shirt and shorts. But I lacked one key element that she had down, SHE WAS RUNNING!~ haha. So, in a rage I sprinted as far and as fast as I could all the way home. I made it home, because there was no way in hell that I was going to die on the streets of Hatfield. At least not today anyway. There is plenty more time for that. I am hitting the gym tonight to run in the ac so I can make it to my 5 miles. Its a shame too, its pretzel day at work and I really wanted to have one. I think I will just eat it for good measure, and make it happen tonight at the gym. Stay cool friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment