Friday, July 8, 2011

No Turning Back. T Minus 2 Days.



Tomorrow is a special day for me because I am turning the big 28. Today I went shopping with my cousin Amanda and we shared running stories, aches and injury updates as well as pure excitement for the training ahead of us. I started thinking about my birthday. When I look back next year I will be able to say that when I was 27 I started running. When I turned 28 I completed a marathon. Its amazing how much you can accomplish in a year. My dream for 28 is to train like Ive never trained before, keep the faith alive and make it to the finish line. As with all things, there will be a constant ebb and flow to the running. Highs that are remarkable and lows that make you want to reconsider why in the world you would ever want to do anything for 26.2 miles. Tomorrow I plan on running in the morning, and going with the flow. Not sure how many miles that will be, but I will be out there. It will be the last run before training starts. No turning back. If you see me, show some love or drive slow next to me with some sweet treats. It is after all, my birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment