Monday, July 18, 2011

mind Boggling

There are many things that baffle my mind. For starters, why in the world did I join a gym right next to Burger King? Not only can I see it directly out the window while I am doing squats, but I can also smell the burgers when I leave to go to my car and while I am walking in. Not a good situation. Temptation city if you ask me. Next, on my list of mind boggling items is how pregnant women always seem to beat everyone at races. Its a no fail situation. If your pregnant, you are all business and will inevitably beat more people then you should and make everyone feel terrible about their performance. Its remarkable actually, running for two. Commendable really, but still baffles my mind. If you are running sub 8 minute miles 6-8 months along, you my friend, are a beast. Lastly, Slade Smiley baffles my mind. For those of you who follow Real Housewives of Orange County, I don't mean Gretchen's boyfriend. "Slade" is a made up name given to a local runner who Hans and I run into ( literally) at EVERY race we run. He happens to bear an uncanny resemblance to the OC Slade hence the name. This weekend he reared his ugly head in the city right on boat house row! It never fails, where we are, Slade is. He was flailing his arms and cheering us on this time! Slade is normally stretching his hammies and giving dirty looks to the novice runners around the North Penn area. He is without saying, a nemesis to many. Seeing him made us crack up laughing. I am beginning to think hes my stalker. Tomorrow going for 5, hoping I don't pass any pregnant competitors or Slade at 5 am. I know I wont pass Burger King, cause its about 10 miles from my house. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment