Sunday, July 17, 2011

Midnight Madness 8 miler






last night, my friends and I headed to Philly for a midnight 8 miler race. Its apart of the 20 in 24 series which hosts runners for the entire weekend running in teams and Lone Ranger runs to see how many miles can be run in 24 hours. The series supports the homeless in an effort to get them back on their feet. With glow sticks and tutus we hit Boathouse Row and did an 8 mile loop. Although the weather was nice, it got hot towards the end. While we ran in one direction, the other 24 hour teams ran the opposite way on the path. As we ran we cheered each other on and it was nice to have the support. If it weren't for all the tutu compliments, I would have ripped it off and thrown it in the woods at mile 4. I cant tell you how much love I got for wearing it. " Oh my God, Oh my God, Look out girl in a tutu coming through" or my favorite " Look out, the ballet is coming to Philly nobody even told me, you go ballerina!" Everyone loves a tutu, mainly middle aged men and the occasional bum by the river fishing. Hey, I take whatever compliments I can get! Much love for Philadelphia. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment