Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras Madness


Today is Fat Tuesday and thats a reason to celebrate! Many people celebrated today in the form of donuts or beer. I personally didn't have a donut, but I will admit that I put my entire head in the bag and was breathing deep to trick myself into thinking I ate one. Sick, I know. With Mardi Gras comes the beginning of Lent and we all know what that means. Every year, I think hard about what I will be giving up for Lent and last year, it was meat. 40 days and nights without meat. I eventually caved and had a burger, but I blame my uncle Dave for that. He refused to grill my veggie hockey puck and the sweet smell of grilled burgers stole my heart. Flash forward to today, and my new focus is.....wait for it......SUGAR. Now, I know what you are thinking. Who the hell gives up sugar for lent? Jackie does. Let me go into detail about how I plan to do this. I am going to cut back on sugar. No soda, no candy, no crap in a nutshell. Fridays will be no sugar days. NONE. I think that is doable. Natural sugars like those found in fruit don't count. No processed crap will enter my body on Fridays. Raw food only. I feel like this is reasonable and also a difficult thing to forgo for 40 days. On Easter, I will binge on Cadbury Creme Eggs and Peeps like a real woman should! Starting tomorrow, sugarless Jackie is in full swing. Sadly, I must confess that this past week, I lost 1/2 a pound. I realize that I need to be more accountable for the food entering my body and so today I made a custom food/gym journal so I can see where I am lacking in the nutrition department. Hopefully this helps shed some light on my minimal weight loss thus far. Try not to be jealous of my awesome notebook :) 


my custom nutrition and workout book


3 comments:

  1. Love the journal, and I'm excited for the Mardi Gras Race on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jackie
    I found your blog through your cousin...this is an AWESOME goal!!!!! Good luck in your running this Spring!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete