Sunday, February 19, 2012

Going nowhere fast




I have to say that lately, my favorite class at the gym is spin. My workout partner Tim, likes to say its an obsession. Today we took our 4th spin class of the week, so unfortunately he might be right. If you have never taken a class, I know what you are thinking. How fun could riding a bike that doesn't move be? Its not even that its fun, but more a great workout and one of the few classes that you can see results fast. In my experiences, spin allows you to sculpt your legs and build muscle relatively quickly. Since there is a great deal of resistance involved there are cardiovascular benefits as well. My gym partner Tim and I have been going to spin for the past 3 weeks at least once a week and I am not exaggerating when I say I can already see more definition in my legs. Plus, they are getting stronger. Enough about my meager opinion, here's what the experts have to say about spin.


1. During spin you fluctuate between high and low resistance as well as intensity this makes spin a calorie torch er. A 60 minute class can burn anywhere from 300 to 800 calories! wowza!


2. Muscle Endurance during spin targets lots of different muscle groups including glutes, quads, hamstrings, calves and even abs! 


3. Spin is a low impact exercise. This means people with joint and knee problems can benefit without worrying about injury :) 


4. Spin helps increase cardiovascular endurance. 


5. Spin is a great stress reliever and allows you to visualize situations such as biking hills and harder climbs while riding. 


Don't take my word for it! Give Spin a whirl. You wont be sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment