Monday, April 9, 2012

It's not like riding a bike!



Today I decided that I needed to get back into my running routine. No time like the present right? After an Easter break binge of cadbury creme eggs and pepsi, I was determined to head out today and run 3 miles. Of course, I chose the windiest day of the week. After eating left over ham for dinner, I hit the streets. I ran down Harrison street and back. The highlights include feeling like a 200 pound chain smoking woman while huffing it down the street. Apparently, its really not like riding a bike. I havent run since Disney and let me tell you, it showed. I did however complete the task. I made it back up Harrison, running up the steep hill and into the wind. I didnt barf, which is a plus considering all I ate for dinner and I feel more confident about running a race with Tyler this weekend. To be great, you have to put the time in. Training cant be rushed. Lesson learned, miles to go till broad street. Training has started. 
Jac post run 
Tyler post run 

No comments:

Post a Comment