Sunday, April 29, 2012

Saint Lukes 1/2 marathon







This morning was the Saint Lukes 1/2 marathon that has been a sore spot on my calendar for months. It was actually quite fun although I must admit that 13 miles felt a little longer then I remembered it being. I did run past Hans during the race, and he was doing really well. It was nice to see a familiar face. I also saw the police officer from my building at work, who was literally killing it. I think he even won for his age group. I did have to make a few emergency calls, one to my cousin and one to Becky. While I was in the parkway, I saw a man who was jogging backwards encouraging his girl friend to run faster. They were my entertainment for the last 3 miles. I think if there weren't so many people around, she would have punched him in the face. But he persisted, trying to make her smile and run faster while she glared at him and cursed under her breath. I am glad I did the race, although it would have been a lot more bearable had I actually trained for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment