Saturday, April 21, 2012

Procrastinate right up until the date!





With April almost over, and race season well underway, I cant help but check my calendar for upcoming events. Birthdays, weddings, baby showers and house warmings are all on the horizon. I even scheduled a few 5ks throughout the spring. Aside from these exciting events, one thing has been looming on my calendar since January- April 29th The Saint Lukes 1/2 marathon. Let me rewind for a moment- I signed up for this gem, before even completing my marathon. I thought, at the time, whats another 13.1 after you have done 26.2? Now, I find myself in the grips of no training and 13 miles around the corner. Apparently, I thought I was a running machine at the time, because aside from this, the following week I have the Broad Street 10 miler!!!! Now, any runner knows, you will most likely be sore for a few days after a long run, especially if you have been out of the loop for a while. So now I am guessing at the age old question, can you run 13 miles with no training? I will let you know next week. I suppose I could not go, or just pick up the shirt and pretend I ran, but theres no glory in that. I have a feeling this one will be a lesson learned the hard way- NO TRAIN= NO GAIN I will keep you posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment