Sunday, March 25, 2012

Challenge Yourself: 100 Push Ups





This weekend I had the pleasure of getting together with my girlfriends. Between drinks, laughs and wild dance moves our friend Ang began doing push ups. After 27 near perfect push ups ( rather impressive for how many cocktails she had) My friend and push up enthusiast, Lauren shared with me her push up app Onehundredpushups. The website offers advice for perfect push ups and a training plan to get you on your way to do 100 consecutive push ups. All you have to do is take an initial push up assessment and then follow the plan. Depending on your fitness level you could be well on your way to 100 push ups in only a few months.You might be asking why push ups? Aside from why not, they are a great over all exercise. When doing push ups you are using not only your arms but also engaging and toning your abs and torso. Some fitness experts even refer to it as "the perfect exercise".  Always one for a good push up, Lauren downloaded the app like many others to test her ability and take the challenge.  She shared with me that she had been following the program for about 3 weeks and was already up to 45! She also said, that it was easy to follow and that so far she was really enjoying it. So, if you are bored or just looking for a challenge, I implore you to take the 100 push up challenge. I am starting tomorrow. I plan on keeping  you posted on my progress and checking in with Lauren to update you on her progress as well. Feel free to join in on the fun. 


Check out the link below for the 100 push up challenge. Once you are there you can download the app to your smart phone. Good Luck! 






ONE HUNDRED PUSH UP CHALLENGE :)



1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
    David

    ReplyDelete