Monday, October 17, 2011

Wherever you go, go with your whole heart





I've always viewed runners as a particularly special breed of person. Aside from the usual stereo type of super skinny, fast and motivated I have noticed that they are extremely welcoming, enthusiastic and supportive. At the local running stores, I am always welcomed into their world with tips, running knowledge and swag without feeling sub par even though the person helping me runs a 6 minute mile pace. At races, I am always thankful for those runners who finish before me and take the time to pay it back and cheer for those of us who are not quite done. Ask any runner and they will tell you, when times get tough, seeing someone cheering you on and believing in you, even if its a stranger can make a world of difference, giving you that extra burst of energy to make it to the finish. No matter who I talk to, one thing we can all agree on is the welcoming and helpful persona of runners. Always willing to help someone out and give them advice or hope when they need it most. The past two days have been truly emotional for me. I have received so much inspiration and encouragement from so many people. Its amazing seeing that people actually read your blog, and even more amazing that people you have fallen out of touch with care enough to send you encouraging words, showing that they are proud of your accomplishments. I have said it a million times and I will say it again, running is for anyone and anyone can do it. For me, its given me a renewed sense of self and a way to make goals and meet them just me against myself. Although its not for everyone, its something special to me that is different everytime I do it. Even now, as a novice runner I smile every time I see someone running outside. There is just something about it thats like nothing else. Get out and run, jog, crawl. Wherever you go, go with your whole heart. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post babe :) I never really realized how encouraging other people cheering for you really is until this past weekend. I def got an energy boost from all the people and cheerleaders at the last turn. It was very needed!

    ReplyDelete