Tuesday, October 4, 2011

We Are Always To Believe The Best And Not Assume The Worst.




Its funny how sometimes you can be taken back in time from a familiar scent or a deja vu feeling. Today while running hill sprints with Jen, a flood of familiarity came over me. It came in the form of sucking wind, vertically, until my lungs felt like they were going to burst. I had memories of running sprints in middle and high school from lacrosse and softball. It was the same feeling of pain, same smell of being out doors and the same suffering that only comes from pushing yourself as hard as possible before you make progress. Heading up around hill #4 I got an unwanted surprise. As I ran, ( mouth wide open I am sure) I ate a bug. If you know me you can imagine the gagging that ensued. I almost threw up, I was screaming, spitting and gagging up the hill. Jen yelled at me to not throw up, and of course wanting to please her I did the only thing I could think of, I swallowed. I didnt even stop. I knew she was suprised. I was too.  It was by far, the most disgusting and vile thing that happened today. haha. We also made friends with some boxers who were training on the same hill. One was pulling a 45 pound weight up and then back down, I of course told him he should be running the hill, not walking. He laughed in my face. They did however offer us the use of their work out ropes which I would have loved to use but Jen said no break and thought I was just trying to distract her ( I was). My old trainer Chrissy would have made those men cry with her mad rope skills. I wanted to give them a go, maybe next time. After the hill sprints we did plyometrics and Jen realized I can hardly skip as I have no natural rhythm. If Chrissy is reading this, she can attest to that! I am sure she remembers showing me exercises 5 times and I still couldn't get it right. haha. I have to thank my family especially, my cousin Amanda, my mom, brother, Hans and my aunt Gail and uncle Phil for sending me immense love the past few days and words of encouragement. Thank you for your kind words and inspiration. It doesn't go unnoticed. I appreciate it all. Aunt Gail, Thank you for my new mantra, " We are always to believe the best and not assume the worst". Your faith in me, keeps me going when times get tough. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment