Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Strength training, cardio and the occasional donut.





During a time not so long ago, I stumbled upon a blog. The Lazy Ultra. A blog dedicated to none other then an ultra marathoner. For those of you who may not know what an ultra is, allow me to enlighten you. Its 100 miles! This particular blogger used her own form of humor to chronicle her training. The draw of course was that she rarely trained completely for her races. When I first started reading her entries, I was training for my first marathon. Among the many thoughts that crossed my mind, above all I was thinking this girl was insane. Who in their right mind would show up for a race without preparing? More importantly, who in the hell would want to run 100 miles?!? Fast forward to today. With March almost over and April on the horizon, I have a 1/2 marathon and a 10 miler coming up. I still cant find the time to run outside and my aversion to the treadmill is hurting my training ( or lack there of). I am beginning to seriously consider rolling the dice and showing up without fully training. Could it be that all of my other cardio training could help me along to finish without training?? Keep you posted. Still looking for motivation for this one. Who I am I kidding, I cant show up unprepared, its just not my Smith style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment