Monday, December 26, 2011

Move it shake it.





Today, I had the pleasure of going to breakfast with my mom. Afterwards, I dodged the masses and went to LA Fitness to work off some of my bagel sandwich. As I watched other people working out, I turned up my I tunes as loud as I could and I let my mind wander. There happen to be a lot of meatheads working on their muscular bods and some super skinny girls on elliptical machines. There was also a girl who weighed about 8o pounds diligently running as best she could. I feared her heart might stop pumping mid strike, but she managed to finish her work out alive. None of this really matters, but what happened while I was making these observations does. While I was on the elliptical, I was thinking about all the people working so hard around me and how I was 13 days away from what will be the hardest physical undertaking ever. When I think about it, sometimes I get nervous, but mostly I am excited to see what I can do out there. I have one more 20 miler to do this week and then its go time. While thinking about all of these things happening around me and coming close to race day something happened. I got that feeling that comes when you push yourself to the max and your body just goes to another place. I felt endorphins kick in and I wished for a minute that I was out on the street running and not inside slaving away. Its an indescribable feeling to have a strong desire to run, I just hope it lasts well after January 8th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment