Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 You've been good to me.


New Years 2010-2011
Thailand


Thailand

My best friend Heather moved to California

Party at Joes

Windlestrae 5 miler through the mud

My cousin ran Broad Street

Lauren had a Bachlorette

Hans and I ran the hottest day of the year at my old Highschool
I took 3rd place for the women he won 2nd for the men

My brother turned 21

I turned 28






28 with friends


I ran my first 8 miler in the dark




Becky got married!










My best friend Melissa got married




Lately, as I am sure most of you have noticed Ive been reflecting about the past year and the journey of my marathon training. With a new year right around the corner, I think its only right to recap the highlights and lowlights of 2011 as I look forward to a kick started 26.2 miler in 2012. Sit back, relax and let me take you back....


As I look back at my blog posts, my first one began with a shout out to my wonderful cousin Amanda and her Broad Street Run. Well, we've come a long way baby. I remember running diligently all summer long planning to dodge the heat by any means necessary. I was running at 5am, hiding water bottles in bushes and praying that I didnt pass out on the side of the road. I longed for those cool fall months and eventually they did come. Now, during the cold winter windy running days, I love for some heat. Its actually easier to run in the heat I think then the cold. Theres just something about having a numb butt thats not appealing. If running has taught me anything, its to be confident in your abilities. Never underestimate what you can do. If you want it, it will happen. Of course, there will be setbacks and tears. But there will be victories too. Big ones, small ones and all thats in between. For the first time, in a long time, I am happy to say that I am proud of myself. Proud that I made a goal and stuck with it. Running a marathon in honor of my dad was a dream. Something I planned to do, for years and never made it happen. Here we are, days away from the race and its becoming real. 2011 brought me so much joy. I learned  so much about myself and was blessed to have the most supportive and loving friends and family.  Although nobody can say what 2012 will bring, I know some things for sure. My blog will remain. I plan on making it a place for me to share my musings on exercise and running and just the usual normal people struggles with cramming in time to be healthy and happy. My resolution this year is to get fit and stay healthy so I can continue running and delving into other endurance sports. I hope to one day do a triathlon Running is also in my 2012 prediction, and Ive already signed up for my second 1/2 marathon for the spring. I am open to trying new things and living the healthiest life that I can. I hope that you will stick around and read on to share in my fitness experiences. I will leave you with this, whatever your goal or dream make an honest attempt to make it happen this year. You never know how far it will take you or what lies around the corner. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe your marathon is only a few days away. Thank you for sharing your journey in this blog. You have been an inspiration to me. I am running in my first 5k tomorrow. Thank you for encouraging me along the way. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete