Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mantras


Tonight was chock full of last minute errands and pick ups for the big race. After work, I swung by the doctor and then headed right to The Finish Line, Emmaus before it closed. I picked up some last minute essentials including 3 packs of Cliff Energy Chews , 2 Cliff Bars and one new fanny pack for Chapstick and toilet paper etc. I've been packing all night but managed some time to squeeze in some Sex and the City re runs and a bowl of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. Tonight, I also got my i pod all set with my Marathon Mix and decided to google some last minute marathon tips. Aside from the usual advice of clipping your toe nails and putting band aids on your nipples, I came across an interesting article. It was about mantras. If you know anything about running, then you know its a mental sport. Its all about what you believe you can do and how far you think you can push yourself. When I did my half marathon, I had to talk to myself to pass the time and keep myself on track. Aside, from Eye of the Tiger coming on my ipod to inspire me I was full of positive affirmations to help me stay on track. All runners use mantras to get along and I thought it would be a good idea to have a few ready for my big run on Sunday. At my half I found that I would repeat the word "Dig" or "Dig Deep". To me that was enough to push myself and give all that I had when there wasn't much left. I am not so sure what It will take to make it to the finish line on Sunday but here is a list of possible mantras. 

This is my last blog before Disney.
 See you in the Happiest Place on Earth. 

1. Fast or slow it hurts just the same
2. One mile at a time
3. Save it, Save it
4. This is what you came for
5. Define yourself
6. Think strong, be strong, finish strong
7. Run fast, go past
8. Make it or break it

No comments:

Post a Comment