Monday, June 3, 2013

Dirty Thirties and How to Survive : What's a Girl to Do?



This morning, I had the pleasure of waking up to my fan turning off at 4:30 am. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, but the power had gone out, and I was now without the whirling noise that apparently, now need to sleep. Without realizing it, I've come quite dependent on the fan. I am sure by now, you are thinking, Jackie why the hell does anyone give a rats ass about your fan or the power outage for that matter? Well, as you may know, I am on the brink of 30, its a mere month away, and I have about a million thoughts racing through my mind, all the time. This morning, around 4:31am, my thoughts were off and running and there was no turning back. Going back to sleep, was not in the cards and my blog came to mind as something to do to pass the powerless time. Maybe the fan turning off and the power going out or the fact that I feel like I am getting old, but still feel young doesn't matter or apply to you. But hear me out. I think I have some decent thoughts on the matter, and I plan to share them over my newest blog series Dirty Thirties and How To Survive. As the oldest gal in my group of friends, I feel like its my civic duty to guide the way to and through this horrifying birthday mile stone. Plus, I watched Princesses of Long Island last night on Bravo, and now I know I am not the only 29 something in America who doesn't have their shit together. Those bitches need help. So, for the first entry, lets keep the knives in the kitchen and keep it light! Most people claim that your 30's are some of the best times of your life, and since I am sure one of my future posts will be about me highlighting all the horrible fears I have for 30, I would like to share with you a friendly life list, of things to before you turn 30.

I researched a lot of lists, but I decided to share one with you, instead of making my own. Mainly because I am lazy, but also because I laughed to hard at this one, cause it didnt suck. Heres what lured me in. 

"Worrying about life is a lot like coleslaw: It sucks, it’s an ugly mound of crap that somehow shows up on all of our plates, people who swear by it still know deep down that it sucks, and most of us give into tasting it at some point ..." - JUSTIN WHITE

Here is Justin's list of 29 things to do in your 30's. He went to Harvard, so he must be smart right?  Click the link to check it out. 

29 things



No comments:

Post a Comment