Sunday, November 13, 2011

Do Life





Tonight, I am not blogging about running, because quite frankly I dont want to... I watched the sun set tonight from my patio and the sky overlooking the mountain was illuminated with shades of pink and purple. It was beautiful, and made me think about, well, life. People go through things at different points in their lives. Times when they think that things will never get better, and that theres not much to look forward to. These times, pass as they often do, but never quickly. Going though them, makes you a different person, whether it be stronger, or wiser, but they are never easy. When I reflect on my own life, Ive been around for some tough times. Family and friends dealing with loves lost, loved ones who have passed far too soon, and the general struggle to find ourselves.  There is however, a common bond that connects us all. The thing that never fails , the spirit that lies in each of us. No matter how dark the time, or how horrible the circumstance, people are strong. They dig deep and find strength in themselves, and in each other. Its easy to focus on the negative sometimes and think of all the bad things happening around us but for all the bad, theres just as much good. No matter how bad things get, they will always get better. Simple things, like that sunset give me hope for tomorrow and a sense of peace during a seemingly otherwise hectic time. Shine on, and tomorrow hope for better, its coming. It always does. 

1 comment: