Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fall in love again



As I desperately hold on to the last days of my summer vacation, I cant believe that its already September. While reminiscing about my training, and cleaning up my blog I noticed that August wasn't much to brag about running wise. I hadn't put the time in and because of that I was left feeling like I wouldn't be able to do too much when I finally did get out there. I told myself day after non running day that I would do it tomorrow. While on vacation I told everyone I was resting and that I of course, deserved it. looking back I suppose I could also shift blame to my uncle Phil and Scott for making amazing breakfasts during that week that left me stuffed and sleepy:) Anyway, this week all that changed. My amazing cousin inspired me to sign up for a half marathon that worked with my schedule and it gave me the boost I needed to get over myself and get back out there. Truth be told, my running hiatus lasted 2 full weeks. During each day that passed, I thought it was pointless to run and I was dreading it because I thought I wouldn't be able to go far since I hadn't been running. It was a viscous cycle and it turns out that in the end, I was wrong.  Just like riding a bike, I went out it all came back to me. All said and done I  was able to do 5 miles no problem. I got the feeling back that I once had, the feeling of being strong and free, deciding how far to go and how hard to push myself. The next day, I went 7. The point is, I spent all that time dreading getting out there for fear that I would stink. Truth is I didn't stink, not even a little. The more you run, the better you are. The better you are the further you go and this week getting back out there was just what i needed to fall in love again with running. 

1 comment: