Monday, July 8, 2013

Go time.

Here we go. Its the eve of my 30th birthday, and as I sit here drinking a Busch and trying to sort through all of my emotions I cant help but reflect on the past 10 years. For the record, stating that 10 years has passed since I turned 20, really hurts. I am feeling the 30 burn at the moment but I am going to keep this post upbeat, cause lets be honest, how bad could 30 be?? I am going to spare you the Jacula highlights of yesteryear. But please know, I wrote them all out. Then I smiled, and hit delete. I don't need to list them all here. Here is what I can tell you. I have an amazing family. We might not be the most normal, but we get each other and that's all that matters. Family is everything. Who else will tell you, that you are 30 flirty and fabulous when you feel 30 old and boring? I can also tell you, true friends are hard to find, you will know if you have them. Its easy to see. My regrets so far in life are the following: Not taking enough pictures. So I want to make sure I do that this year. Also, on my current things to do list: Eat a banana split, learn to do a cartwheel ( I have 365 days to perfect this before 31) and do more things that I am afraid of. Today, I am proud to report I watched countless videos on line on how to install flooring and I signed up for a tile laying class at the Home Depot. Go me. So without further ado, this moment that has been 10 years of anxiety in the making is here. People say that your 30's are some of the best times of your life. We will see about that. As for 30, I am ready bitches. Lets do it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment