Saturday, February 2, 2013

Credit Card Rewards: Secret Weapons Part 1




I am always on the hunt to get the most for my money. More recently, I was having a battle over whether or not its worth spending $50.00 on a bra from Victoria's secret. Since all of mine are basically ready to break at the seams from overuse. I have been wearing them for God only knows how long, College or longer. I decided that I would of course shop around, but since they last for years and are high quality, its worth the money. This lead me into thinking about sharing some money saving secret weapons. I know what works for me and I will share those sites and ideas with you tomorrow. This morning, I enlisted the help of my best friends. I am asking everyone to let me know which splurges and expensive products you hate to spend money on. My goal today is to research these products and find you money saving coupons and alternatives to paying full price. If you have something to share, please post a comment and I will do all the leg work to bring you the deep discounts. Today starts  a two part mini blog series I like to call Sneaky Money Saving Secret Weapons. Today, I will feature credit cards as weapons and tomorrow bring to you sites and cheap secret weapons for shopping. 


Secret Weapon: Discover Card
Credit Cards- I know in some instances credit cards can really be evil, but if you can control your spending they can sometimes give you major kick backs.  When getting a card, do your homework to make the most of your spending. The savings can really add up! I can only speak of the Discover card, cause I only have one credit card but its really awesome for Cash Back. Like many cards, each month there are specific sign ups for cash back. Here is the calendar for Discover. 

January- March- 5% cash back on all restaurants and movie tickets

March-June- 5% Home Improvement

July- September- 5% Summer Fun

October- December- 5% Holiday Shopping

You also get 1% cash back on all purchases. You can save  or spend your bonus cash.Each month you can use your points to get gift cards ( which I do) or use it to get a cash back bonus check. You can have the check sent to you, or use it toward paying your monthly bill. They also allow you to use your reward cash to donate to charities such as Make a Wish Foundation and The Red Cross. As always, its best to pay off your balance in full each month, so make sure you are careful with the card. You don't want to get into debt just for the sake of rewards. For years, I was using a crap Citi bank card with rewards that sucked. You couldn't use them unless you wanted to get a discount off of an item you still had to pay for. Totally lame. Depending on how much and where you shop, you can really make out. For instance, I try to buy groceries at Walmart. I save money because its cheap and I also get 5% cash back each time I use my card. Not too shabby. I also like to buy from Groupon and Living Social. I get cash back from each Groupon purchase, plus Groupon in itself is a discount for services or goods. If I buy gifts and beauty supplies at Ulta, I get 10% back each time! Its not for everyone, but it may be for you. Here are the current cash back bonuses for Discover.

5% Cash back 
 

 

                    
                

 

  
 
                   
 


10 % Cash Back 


 

 
 
 
 

15% Cash Back 

20% Cash Back 





  If you are like me, and you shop at any of these stores. It might be worth your while to look into the Discover cash reward card. To sign up or get more information, click on the link below.


* If you decide to sign up for a card, leave me a comment so I can email you. If I refer you, we both get a $50.00 cash back bonus! *




Here you will find a website listing other credit cards with cash back or rewards bonuses. Check it out!  It ranks them by reviews as well as credit scores so you know what you can get! If you have another card you use that gives you great deals, I would love to hear about it. 


Until tomorrow, Stay Cheap my friends.

1 comment:

  1. This site is good because they give us a new thing and new ideas and new topic how good all of they are we should appreciate them because of these good thing.
    Restaurant rewards

    ReplyDelete